Friday, September 9, 2011

Day #3 in Paris

      Its going to be a spectacular day!!! I woke up kinda late, BUT IM ON VACATION...so i can do that. LOL As soon as i wake ( as my roomate in the states would say) IM BRIGHT EYED & BUSHY TAILED in the morning...., i turn on my laptop & hurry to the balcony. I pull aside the curtains with force and open the two sided window so that i can hear Paris. Weather its, doves, sirens, gates closing, or maybe even mopeds going too fast down theses small little streets..... I LOVE IT ALL, and i want to BREATHE IT ALLLLL IN. I usually stand there for about 5 good minutes! Its my morning ritual i suppose. 
 Today i KNOW i must go see the Eiffel Tower! I cannot wait another day! My french teacher JT Eckoff, kicked me in the butt about it in a nice way! So after checking my Facebook, and writing my Day #2 blog, i got dressed and put on my new Parisian shoes and outfit, and i feel as though i fit right in. Walking with purpose with these new shoes on, I must eat something. As im walking down the street to the METRO STATION, some local Parisians recognized me and waved! BONJOUR MONSIEUR!!! That made me feel very comfortable and accepted. These are the same guys who pointed me in the right direction with patience on my first day here. Well now i feel as though i know the streets around me because ive gotten lost on almost all of them already lol. So knowing exactly where i need to go, i walk straight down underground to the subway. With Ipod in ears, listening to ELVIS Presley- Little less conversation remix, i know i must jump on Line #3, direction Pont de Levallois Becon, & get off on Republique, Switch to LINE #9, direction Pont de Sevres & get off at Trocadero. Very confusing right???? i know!!!! But i think by day 3 ive gotten it pretty well, and to confirm that im going in the right direction, with my METRO MAP in hand, i just ask anyone " Excusez-moi, Parlez-vous anglais?". The french are very willing to help anyone it seems. As long as you have a kind nature about yourself while asking. 
                                          AHHHHHHH! IVE MADE IT to Trocadero!!! 
  This is my stop! I pretty much ran upstairs and up to ground level. Looking around i finally spotted the super famous tower! A chill ran alll the way down to my toes from joy and excitement! I still have to walk half way around this huge round-about to get directly in front of the Eiffel Tower. Of coarse i did with a quickness, jaywalking across like 4 steets lol! But i finally made it and now im standing in front of this MONSTROSITY of a tower! Its so big it seems as though its going to smack me in the face! Id let it! lol :) Its just that Wonderful!!! & i cannot tell a lie, A tear watered in my eye and before it could run down my cheek i wiped it away. I mean who cries anyways? lol After soaking that moment in i wanted to walk around a little. I walked down through the park with little french children laughing and playing on the swings-set, it was so overwhelming. 
                                                           IM IN PARIS! OMG!!!!! 
 Just then i saw a familiar face. Thats the dude from Desperate Housewives!!! Holy crap! lol Mike Delfino / James Denton is his real name. There was a photo-shoot going on on the carousel. With a stunning blonde babe by his side, (A GORGEOUS FRENCH MODEL), they were doing a shoot for a magazine. I asked around to figure out what magazine this was for and everyone couldnt say. It was very HUSH HUSH. :) I couldnt take my eyes off the male hairdresser doing the models hair! Oh how i hope to be doing exactly what hes doing one day! I was told i couldnt take picture, ......BUT I DID ANYWAYS! 

QUOTE: "Tell them what they wanna hear and do what you want!!!" -Paris Hilton lol 

 I waited until the shoot was done with to ask him if i could take a photo with him, unlike so many others. lol We introduced ourselves, shoot hands and took a photo. Of coarse its getting dark now so with all this energy and excitement i must get going. I dont wanna be out in Paris alone at dark. So i jaywalked back across the round-about and down into the METRO. 
When i arrived at the station i needed to get off at, i had to stop on my walk home and pick up a bottle of wine 16EUROS, to celebrate the emotions i just felt and what i had just experienced! I made it home quickly and got on facebook to share my adventure! So many friends i have! 
          I LOVE & APPRECIATE all of them! Thank you so much for reading and caring!!!! 

                                                                        ex oh ex oh
                                                                        <3 Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment