Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day #2 in Paris

    After sleeping in til about 1pm Parisian time, i felt very rested. I must have needed it though. lol
Showered and shaped up, i decided to walk the streets in a different direction today. I was hungry so i found a local pizzeria. David was his name, and he was very kind as well and very patient with my struggling french. he warned me about pick-pocketers. He said to watch the short lady ladies lol hahahah My pizza was so authentic and fresh. The pizza was 8EUROS. I walked up on a HUGE church. I hesitated for a moment, but then just said to myself ( GO! Do it Nick!) So i scurried up the 100 stairs to walk up on a french man and his little kid playing with a remote control car. It was wonderful to see, even though its not a big deal, to me it was. I then went inside this CHURCH with my mouth gaping open because of how beautiful it was. PURE SILENCE. You could hear a pin drop.  It was magnificent! I took like 50 pictures and a video too. I even said BONJOUR!!!!!! out loud an hear it echo, echo, echo. A tour group came in so i felt it was time to leave. I had my moment with this historical place. When i left the church walking back down those stair i felt refreshed. God has blessed me! Then i continued to walk around in local flower shops, vintage stores, and bakeries.
    Now i want to go shopping! lol So after asking a few locals where to go, they told me to go to the Marais & Opera! I must take the subway to get there though. THIS was a scary thought to me, but i knew i must face my fears and do it anyway. As im getting my MetroPass, a lovely beautiful woman helped me get around and showed me how to use the subway. Her name was Alice Darfeuille.  Shes a journalist here in Paris. <3 She took the subway with me and helped me get to where i was going. We parted ways and once again i strolled through the streets. Into art galleries and cafes etc. Until i found the big mall! I ended up buying some Sam Marina shoes  which are all the rage in Paris. As well as a suit , and a trench-coat, which ive always wanted to get in Paris. lol Then i decided since i didnt know exactly where i was i should head home before it gets to to late. But first i stopped to have a glass of wine 5EUROS before getting back on the subway. However when i finally did get back on subway, another wonderful Parisian named FRAN, guided me and showed me how to use the metro as well. Very Kind and referred me to a salon she goes to that she thinks would allow me to intern/shadow there. <3  i made it home safely with my new favorite pieces of clothing. :)  Checked my facebook and went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment