Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day #4 In Paris

Bonjour!!
   So on my fourth day in Paris, i decided i wanted to try some authentic Parisian food. The Parisians either go to dinner at 8pm, or 10pm. I decided to beat the crowd and have an early but long dinner and go around 7pm. I walked down the street until i found something that seemed to draw me in. I found a place that was dim and red inside with candles and tropical plants everywhere. It was called "ANGKORA  Restaraunt & Bar ." When i walked in i felt this very chic atmosphere in the air. ( a typical french atmosphere i suppose )  A distant musical trendy beat playing in the background set the mood  for what i was hoping to be an unforgettable appetizing meal. I walked up to the bar and of coarse asked them in french if they spoke English. One of the bar tenders said yes right away & seemed very happy to help. I wasn't sure if i should seat myself or wait to be seated so i asked this english speaking french man & he said "well are you eating or drinking???" I answered with "Both!!"  Then he said with a smile on his face" you can sit wherever you'd like monsieur." After thanking him, I wandered around just a little bit until i found a table. Small enough for two so my bag would have someone where to sit as well.  :)  Of coarse the menu is all french so im not sure what is what. I think he could tell by my facial expression that i couldn't understand any of the menu so, he came to my table and sat down and translated for me. We came to a conclusion.

                                                            WineSauvinon - 2.9EUROS.
                      White wine that was sweet but not a sweet as i anticipated, but still very good.
                                                                  I gave it 4 out 5 *'s LOL

                            Appetizer: Tarte Feuilletee Tomatoes Confites & Ricotta - 7EUROS
  Deliciously sliced fresh tomatoes & ricotta cheese serve over what i like to think of as a very thin crusted soft pizza dough, NOT A PIZZA THOUGH! With some sort of green sauce around the actual food for you to dip into.
                                                            I gave this dish 5 out of 5 *'s

                                       Main Coarse: Brocette D' Agneau Grille - 18EUROS
     With a very abstract look to this dish, i was excited to dig in. :P It was a steak kabob with grilled vegetables in-between each piece of meat , dangling over my plate. Youll just have to see the pictures on my Facebook to understand.  Underneath the dangling kabob, was alot of different veggies diced to perfection drenched in this delicious red sauce, and mashed potatoes with a fried outter layer.
YUMMMMM!
                                                       I gave this dish 6 out of 5 *'s LOL

                                               Desert: Fondant Chocolat Noir - 5EUROS
 A rich chocolate cake that had a sponge-like substance with a very small scoop of vanilla icecream on top. With a salted but very sweet caramel drizzled all over! WOW!
                                                           I gave this dish 5 out of 5 *'s

  After i finished all these different foods, my very kind and super slim waiter named "Francois" recommended a final shot of Cognac 5EUROS to wash it all down and help with digestion. Of coarse i said yes because i wanted to have dinner the french way.
   With  "BORN TO BE WILD by STEFFANWOLF" playing in the back ground, i sat for a moment and listened while finishing my glass of wine & people watched. I heard bottle corks popping, french people laughing and greeting each other with a single kiss on each cheek while smoking their cigarettes. I had a moment of just complete and utter realization again!
  I said to my self under my breathe, " Oh my gosh, IM IN PARIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment