Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day #1 in Paris

BONJOUR!
$50 gas to get to airport , $60 for extra luggage, then after saying goodbye to my family :(  & going through security i had a beer and a shot of "whatever" to calm my nerves at the BUDWEISER bar @JAX which was $14.00 including tip.

First STOP CHICAGO!!! I had a 4 hour layover in chicago once i arrived, so i made my way to a restaurant in the airport. Chicken ceasar salad & water. Then after checking in with all my peeps on facebook, i made my way to the boarding area where i met this lady whos name was linda. She saw me using my macbook and we started talking about it. She was kind. There was a little pub across the way which i needed to charge my laptop so while charging it up I had 2 LONG ISLAND ICED TEAS & a water.  Didnt even budge my nerves. :/

NEXT STOP PARIS FRANCE! The plane ride wasnt anything too bad, it actually flew by! ( no pun intended) lol. I had a bottle of wine $7.00. The food wasnt good at all on the plane. They serve you dinner and breakfast. In fact after having dinner on my way to Paris, i skipped the next meal bc it was so funky to me. lol I did however met a lovely woman who made the time go by faster. Her name was Cathy Startt. She sat next to me and was flying to France to meet up with her kids who now live in Paris and teach English & literature to young Parisian children. She also said if in a week or so id liek to have dinner that she would love to cook for me. :) We finally landed in Paris, and she showed me how to get around and then we parted ways.
ITS NOW TIME FOR NICK TO GROW UP! lol So now alone with all my luggage, i made my way to the exchange area to get some EUROS for my DOLLARS. Exchange rate - $1.40 = 1Euro. :(
 While standing at exchange area, an Autralian lady was standing behind me. Without asking her to, she told me about my life. She was dead on, and it blew my mind!!! :) She also gave me about 35 EUROS! very very kind and sweet. She was headed back down under! lol
I walked outside, and a beautiful black foreign car pulled up and dropped someone off. The taxi driver then made eye contact with me and with our eyes we conversed. I needed a ride and he needed a customer. His name was Patrick. His driving was erratic  but so was everyone elses. We stopped to get gas and gum. He drove me to my apartment ( 25 Rue Moret 75011 Paris ). He said he could pick me up when its time for me to go home. :) Well i still didnt have a key to my apartment, so i waited on Odile the landlord lady. About 20 minutes later she came and opened my "flat" as the parisians call it. I was so happy to have someone who id had some sort of contact with before arriving(we've been emailing). We got the internet working and she showed me around. She brought me fresh towels and sheets to change <3  After checking in with Facebook, i showered and got dressed.
 After walking through the streets of my neighborhood, i came up on a very nice looking salon. I walked in  and struggling with my french i explained what i wanted to do whil in Paris which is shadow parisian stylist. She was willing to help me. So i sat there for a few hours, soaking up the techniques she was using. Very beautiful she was. The salons name is " Mechesa a' L'argile & Aux Plantes" TRANSLATION = "Bits of Clay & Plants". A few hours later, i started to explore my neighborhood. I found a SUBWAY! 6Euros and change.  I went to another salon called Bizzare Bizzare who said i can come back Saturday to watch all day if id like :) Then after going back to my FLAT i realized i needed some groceries. So walked around and found a grocery store 2 blocks over. I bought apples water and cola. lol 8euros. Its getting dark now in Paris so i decided to stay home now. What a day to remember FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment